PAPAS A LA HUANCAINA (PERUVIAN POTATOES)
PAPAS A LA HUANCAINA (PERUVIAN POTATOES). Alimento Base: Potatoes, Combine cheese, egg yolks and chiles in a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon. Gradually add the oil, cream and lemon juice, while beating constantly. Add salt and freshly ground pepper...
- 8 oz Muenster cheese freshly grated
- 4 hard-boiled egg yolks
- 2 smashed seeded mild green chili peppers or 1 tbl chili powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbl lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lb potatoes cooked, peeled
- Bibb lettuce leaves
- 3 hard-boiled eggs quartered
- 6 black olives or pimento stuffed olives
Elaboración paso a paso
- Combine cheese, egg yolks and chiles in a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon.
- Gradually add the oil, cream and lemon juice, while beating constantly.
- Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and blend thoroughly.
- Adjust seasoning. Arrange potatoes on a serving platter, top with the cheese sauce and garnish with the lettuce leaves, eggs and olives.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.