AJÍ DE LENGUA (SPICY TONGUE)
AJÍ DE LENGUA (SPICY TONGUE). Alimento Base: Cow tongue, Before cooking the tongue, soften it by beating it with a cooking hammer so that later it is easy to peel. Pour water in a large casserole and set it to boil over high heat. Once the water...
- 1 cow tongue 2 lb more or less
- Enough water to cook the tongue
- ½ cup oil
- 2 cups white onion cut into thin strips
- 1 cup tomato peeled and finely chopped
- ½ cup ground spicy red pepper
- ½ cup parsley finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon crumbled oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup green peas peeled
- 4 cups broth or water
- 1 spoonful salt
- To serve:
- 8 whole cooked potatoes
- Chuño phuti
- Bolivian salsa cruda
- 2 spoonfuls parsley finely chopped
Elaboración paso a paso
- Before cooking the tongue, soften it by beating it with a cooking hammer so that later it is easy to peel.
- Pour water in a large casserole and set it to boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling add the tongue.
- Let it cook for two hours until it is soft.
- Remove the tongue from the pot, let it cool and peel the skin that covers it. Then cut the tongue into thin slices.
- In a separate casserole add the oil and set to cook over high heat. Once the oil is hot add the onion. Sauté the onion.
- Then add the tomato, spicy red pepper, parsley, cumin, oregano, ground pepper, peas, broth and finally the salt.
- Mix well and let it cook for one hour more or less. The mixture must be thick.
- To the previous preparation add the tongue slices, mix well and let it cook a little until the tongue takes the flavor from the sauce.