ROASTED CHICKEN WITH BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE. Alimento Base: Chicken, Whisk the vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper in small bowl to blend. Combine the vinaigrette and chicken pieces in a large resealable plastic bag;...
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 4-pound whole chicken, cut into pieces (giblets, neck and backbone reserved for another use)
- 1/2 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
Elaboración paso a paso
- Whisk the vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper in small bowl to blend.
- Combine the vinaigrette and chicken pieces in a large resealable plastic bag; seal the bag and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate, turning the chicken pieces occasionally, for at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove chicken from the bag and arrange the chicken pieces on a large greased baking dish.
- Roast until the chicken is just cooked through, about 1 hour.
- If the chicken browns too quickly, cover it with foil for the remaining cooking time.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter.
- Place the baking dish on a burner over medium-low heat.
- Whisk the chicken broth into the pan drippings, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the baking sheet with a wooden spoon and mixing them into the broth and pan drippings.
- Drizzle the pan drippings over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the lemon zest and parsley over the chicken, and serve.