PORK ROAST GUADELOUPE
PORK ROAST GUADELOUPE. Alimento Base: Pork, To make the marinade, combine the onion, water, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, jalapeno pepper with the half teaspoon of thyme along with the salt and pepper. Place the pork loin into plastic bag. Pour...
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme crushed
- 1 1/2 pound boneless pork loin roast
- 1 to 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno
- Pepper 1/2 small
Elaboración paso a paso
- To make the marinade, combine the onion, water, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, jalapeno pepper with the half teaspoon of thyme along with the salt and pepper.
- Place the pork loin into plastic bag. Pour the marinade on top of the pork loin. Tie shut the bag, put meat in bowl and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Take pork loin out of the marinade, reserving marinade.
- Put the meat right on the rack in a roasting pan.
- Remove meat from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Place loin on rack in roasting pan.
- Roast in a 350 degrees F. oven for at least 40 to 50 minutes or until desired doneness (155-160 degrees internal temperature for medium).
- Remove meat from pan and cover with foil. Let it stand for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile strain remaining marinade.
- Deglaze pan with 1/2 cup of the beef broth. Pour into a small sauce pan.
- Add the strained marinade, sugar and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of thyme to the saucepan.
- Combine the remaining broth with the cornstarch, add to saucepan.
- Cook then stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook, stir for about 1 minute more. Stir in the parsley.
- Slice meat to serve, serve with sauce.
- Adjust the amount of pepper to suit your tastes.