PASTELITOS DE PERRO (MEAT EMPANADAS)
PASTELITOS DE PERRO (MEAT EMPANADAS). Alimento Base: Corn flour, First you will need to prepare the corn flour, which only needs some warm water to prepare. You should mix some water with the flour and azafran until you have the dough ready. The...
- 1 cup of corn flour
- 1/2 cup of cooked rice
- 1/4 lbs of cooked ground meat
- 5 cooked potatoes
- Chopped cabbage
- Tomato sauce
Elaboración paso a paso
- First you will need to prepare the corn flour, which only needs some warm water to prepare. You should mix some water with the flour and azafran until you have the dough ready. The azafran will give the dough a nice red color.
- Make some small balls of dough and then smash them so that you have a tortilla shape.
- The filling consists of cooked potatoes in pieces of 3/8 inches, cooked rice and cooked ground meat.
- When you have all the ingredients ready, place the filling in the middle of the tortillas and fold the dough so that you have a half moon shape “pastelito de perro”. Place some oil on the frying pan and when it is very hot, very careful slide all of the pastelitos in the pan so that the oil won’t splash. When the dough has turned golden brown it means that they are ready.
- Then, you can prepare the tomato sauce to your liking; add salt pepper and some oregano if you like. Then, chop the cabbage and add some salt and a little bit of vinegar.
- Place the cooked “pastelitos de perro” on a plate and place the cabbage salad on top, add the tomato sauce and shredded cheese.