HUMINTAS A LA OLLA (CORN PUDDING IN CORN HUSKS)
HUMINTAS A LA OLLA (CORN PUDDING IN CORN HUSKS). Alimento Base: Corn, Heat a large casserole over a high heat. Add ground cayenne pepper to the water. Let it cook until the water has evaporated. Add the butter and let it cook for five minutes. As...
- 4 cups fresh ground corn
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper if desired
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 spoonful salt
- 2 spoonfuls sugar
- 5 fresh cheese fresh mozzarella will work too
- 1 teaspoon anise in grain if desired
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon if desired
- Enough husk to make 8 large humintas or 16 small ones
Elaboración paso a paso
- Heat a large casserole over a high heat.
- Add ground cayenne pepper to the water. Let it cook until the water has evaporated.
- Add the butter and let it cook for five minutes.
- As soon as the mixture boils, remove from the heat and add it to the ground corn.
- Mix quickly and add sugar, salt, always stirring.
- Add anise and ground cinnamon (if desired).
- Take two husks and join them at the widest part.
- In the middle place one or two spoonfuls of the corn mixture with a slice of cheese.
- Close them by doubling first the husk on top and later the one at the bottom and finally the sides. Tie them using a string made of husks. Do the same with all.
- In a large casserole put two rows of corn cobs covered with some husks. Add boiling water until covering the first row of cobs. Place the humintas on top and cover them again with husks. Let them cook over medium heat for forty-five minutes.
- To know for sure when humintas are ready, cook a potato with them. When the potato is cooked, humintas also will be ready. Serve them hot.