GUINEA FOWL PAELLA
GUINEA FOWL PAELLA. Alimento Base: Guinea fowl, Heat the oil in a pan and cook the guinea fowl strips until they are almost done. Remove the meat and set aside then fry the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion has softened then add the rice and...
- 500 g guinea fowl breasts cut into 3cm strips
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 500 ml chicken stock (or stock from the guinea fowl bones
- 200 g long-grain rice
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper de-seeded and cut into strips
- 1/2 tin 250g black-eyed peas (or any beans or peas)
Elaboración paso a paso
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the guinea fowl strips until they are almost done.
- Remove the meat and set aside then fry the onion and garlic.
- Cook until the onion has softened then add the rice and fry for a few minutes before adding the stock, rice, oregano, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and turmeric.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, bell pepper and beans. Stir, cover, and simmer for 5 more minutes, until the rice is tender.
- Add the meat, cook for a few minutes to heat the meat then serve.