CARIBBEAN JERK MEATLOAF
CARIBBEAN JERK MEATLOAF. Alimento Base: Buffalo meat, Sauté onions and peppers in olive oil until softened. Add garlic for last 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool down. Beat egg in a large bowl and add in ketchup and jerk spice. Mix these...
- 1/2 lb ground buffalo meat
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1/2 lb ground sirloin
- 7 saltine crackers
- 1 egg
- 1 sweet onion
- 3 serrano peppers
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 roasted red pepper chopped
Elaboración paso a paso
- Sauté onions and peppers in olive oil until softened.
- Add garlic for last 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool down.
- Beat egg in a large bowl and add in ketchup and jerk spice.
- Mix these ingredients well.
- Add in sautéed vegetables and mix.
- Add in crushed saltines and milk.
- Separately, knead the 3 meats together until well blended.
- Combine the meats and the other mixture in the large bowl and keep squishing it all together until completely blended.
- Spray a loaf pan with olive oil and add the final mixture to the pan.
- If serving later, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Place room-temperature pan on grill at 350°F for 1 1/4 hours.
- Check with meat thermometer and it should be about 170°F.
- Once done, drain grease out of pan and glaze the top with your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Return to the grill at 350°F for 5 more minutes until sauce on top gets a little sticky.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 10-15 minutes and serve.