CARBONADA CRIOLLA (ARGENTINIAN BEEF STEW)
CARBONADA CRIOLLA (ARGENTINIAN BEEF STEW). Alimento Base: Beef, In a large pot, sauté the onions, green pepper, and garlic in the olive oil until golden and soft. Add the beef and cook on medium-high heat, turning to brown all sides. Add the stewed...
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1.5 pounds stewing beef cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3 sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 white potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large winter squash peeled and cubed
- 7 ounces dried apricots roughly chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Salt and pepper to taste
Elaboración paso a paso
- In a large pot, sauté the onions, green pepper, and garlic in the olive oil until golden and soft.
- Add the beef and cook on medium-high heat, turning to brown all sides.
- Add the stewed tomatoes, beef broth, potatoes, sugar, squash, and apricots, and lower heat to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for one hour.
- Taste for seasoning, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add more beef broth if stew seems too thick.
- Cook for about a half hour longer, until beef is tender.
- Stir in the frozen corn, and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes more.