ASOPAO DE MARISCOS (RICE AND SEAFOOD POTAGE)
ASOPAO DE MARISCOS (RICE AND SEAFOOD POTAGE). Alimento Base: Seafood, In an iron pot heat the oil (reserve 2 spoons of oil). Add the herbs, olives, spices, tomato paste, peppers, garlic and salt. Add the shrimps and stir (be careful with hot oil...
- 2 lbs of shrimp crab or lobster
- 1 lemon
- 2 1/2 cups of rice
- 3/4 gallon of water
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 teaspoon mashed garlic
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/8 cup chopped seedless olives
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 spoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 spoon finely chopped coriander
- 1/2 spoon of thyme leaves
- 1 cube of chicken stock
Elaboración paso a paso
- In an iron pot heat the oil (reserve 2 spoons of oil).
- Add the herbs, olives, spices, tomato paste, peppers, garlic and salt.
- Add the shrimps and stir (be careful with hot oil splattering).
- Cover and wait two minutes, then stir again.
- Add the remaining water and bring to a boil.
- Add all remaining ingredients (including the rice).
- Stir regularly to avoid excessive sticking.
- Let 3/4 of the water evaporate, by then a grain of rice should be about 3 times its original size.
- Adjust salt to taste.
- Serve while hot.