ALLIGATOR SAUSAGES. Alimento Base: Alligator meat, Slice the scallions thinly. Roughly chop the onion, celery, and red pepper. Combine all the ingredients with the alligator, pork, and seasonings in a large mixing bowl. Add one cup of ice cold water...
- 2 pounds ground alligator
- 2 1/2 pounds ground pork and pork fat about 1/2 pound of this should be pork fat if the meat is lean
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 stalk celery
- 1 red pepper
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup broad-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh sage
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
- Spicy sauce to taste Tabasco for example
- 15 feet of sausage casing
Elaboración paso a paso
- Slice the scallions thinly. Roughly chop the onion, celery, and red pepper.
- Combine all the ingredients with the alligator, pork, and seasonings in a large mixing bowl.
- Add one cup of ice cold water to the mixture and knead the ingredients using both hands for 10-15 minutes, or until the pork fat is evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Finely dice the garlic. Chop the parsley, sage, and basil.
- To check the seasonings, cook a small quantity in a frying pan, taste, and correct for salt, pepper, and spice as necessary.
- Stuff the sausage casing and tie off in links of approx. 6 inches long.
- To cook, boil for 3-5 minutes and then grill or bake until golden brown, approx. 10-12 minutes at 350ºF.
- Makes around 25-30 sausages.