PAIN PATATE (SWEET POTATO PUDDING)
PAIN PATATE (SWEET POTATO PUDDING). Alimento Base: Sweet potatoes, Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Wash and peel boniatos and cut in small pieces. Finely grind boniatos with the coconut milk using a food processor. Place in a heavy 8 to 10 quart...
- 4 lbs boniato white sweet potato or patate
- 4 bananas well ripened, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 can cream of coconut
- 1 can 8 oz coconut or evaporated milk
- 4 tbsp butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 2 1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup raisins
Elaboración paso a paso
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Wash and peel boniatos and cut in small pieces.
- Finely grind boniatos with the coconut milk using a food processor.
- Place in a heavy 8 to 10 quart Dutch oven.
- Peel and finely blend bananas. Add banana mixture and mix well.
- Then add all remaining ingredients (except for raisins) and mix well.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly with wooden spoon until brown (about 35 to 40 minutes).
- Simmer for about 5 minutes on low heat.
- Remove from heat, add raisins, and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a 15 inch oven safe dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with sugar and let sit for ½ hour before serving.