EMPANADAS DE CHIVERRE (WINTER SQUASH TURNOVERS)
EMPANADAS DE CHIVERRE (WINTER SQUASH TURNOVERS). Alimento Base: Chiverre (white winter squash), Making the dough: Combine corn dough flour and baking soda in a bowl. Add 1 cup warm milk, vegetable oil, vinegar, salt and oil stir until dough forms....
- 3 cups corn flour masa harina
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup warm milk
- A pinch salt
- 1 cup oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- For the filling:
- Chiverre white winter squash
- For the glaze:
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon water
Elaboración paso a paso
- Making the dough: Combine corn dough flour and baking soda in a bowl.
- Add 1 cup warm milk, vegetable oil, vinegar, salt and oil stir until dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead for 1 minute.
- Making the glaze: Mix beaten egg and 1 teaspoon water in a bowl.
- Making turnovers: Preheat the oven to 482 F (250 C).
- Roll dough out 1/8 to ¼ inch thick. Cut the dough into circles of 4 – 5 inch diameters. Brush rounds with water.
- Place 2 tablespoon sweet white spaghetti squash on each round. Fold over and seal by crimping with a fork, making a narrow rim.
- Brush turnovers with the glaze. Butter a baking sheet. Place turnovers on baking sheet.
- Bake turnovers for 12 minutes or until the tops are lightly brown.
- Serve warm or cold.