CUAJADO DE CAMARONES (SHRIMP AND POTATO OMELETTE)
CUAJADO DE CAMARONES (SHRIMP AND POTATO OMELETTE). Alimento Base: Eggs, Heat the butter in a large (10-inch) skillet, stir in the paprika and the onions and saute over moderate heat until the onions are soft. Add the tomatoes and salt and pepper...
- 1 pound small or medium-sized raw shrimps peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 3 large tomatoes peeled, seeded, and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium-sized new potatoes cooked and cubed
- 4 large eggs separated
Elaboración paso a paso
- Heat the butter in a large (10-inch) skillet, stir in the paprika and the onions and saute over moderate heat until the onions are soft.
- Add the tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste and cook until the mixture is thick and well blended, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked potato cubes and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Beat the egg yolks until they are thick and lemony.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until they stand in firm peaks.
- Fold the whites and yolks together with a spatula.
- Return the skillet to the heat, fold the shrimps into the sauce, cook 2-3 minutes.
- Then fold in the eggs, mixing thoroughly.
- Cook until the eggs are lightly set.
- Serve the omelette immediately.