COCONUT GROUPER. Alimento Base: Grouper fish, Season fish fillets with salt, pepper, garlic and lime juice. Cut onion and peppers into strips, dice celery and chop cilantro. Lightly saute garlic, onions, celery and Cuban peppers in half the oil....
- 2 lbs. fresh grouper fillet
- 2 tbs. fresh garlic minced fine
- 4 tbs. fresh lime juice
- 2 oz. tomato paste
- 1 oz. all purpose flour
- 4 oz. olive oil
- 16 oz. fresh coconut milk
- 1 peeled white onion
- 1 Cuban or Anaheim pepper peeled and seeded
- 25 bunch of fresh cilantro
- 2 ribs of celery
- Salt and pepper to taste
Elaboración paso a paso
- Season fish fillets with salt, pepper, garlic and lime juice.
- Cut onion and peppers into strips, dice celery and chop cilantro.
- Lightly saute garlic, onions, celery and Cuban peppers in half the oil. (This is referred to as a "sofrito").
- Then incorporate the chopped cilantro and the tomato paste, combine very well.
- Sprinkle with the flour and cook 4 more minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and allow sauce to cook for about 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Pass sauce through a medium fine strainer and thin out with a bit of water if too thick.
- Make sure you press hard on the solids in the strainer in order to extract all the juices into your sauce.