BONIATILLO (SWEET POTATO PUDDING)
BONIATILLO (SWEET POTATO PUDDING). Alimento Base: Boniato, Cook boniato in boiling lightly salted water for about 20 minutes. Drain the boniato and purée in a blender. Set aside. Add water, sugar, cinnamon stick and lime peel to a large saucepan....
- 625 g boniato peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 pint 480ml water
- 400 g brown sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 large lime or 1 small lemon
- 60 ml dry Sherry
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- Ground cinnamon
Elaboración paso a paso
- Cook boniato in boiling lightly salted water for about 20 minutes.
- Drain the boniato and purée in a blender. Set aside.
- Add water, sugar, cinnamon stick and lime peel to a large saucepan.
- Cook over a medium heat stirring constantly until syrup starts to thicken (approx 15-20 minutes).
- Reduce heat and remove cinnamon and peel.
- Add the boniato purée. Still constantly stirring, continue for 5-10 minutes until the mixture is smooth, then remove from heat.
- Beat the egg yolks with butter and a pinch of salt until smooth.
- Combine both mixtures, then return to cook for a few minutes over a low heat.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla and sherry.
- Leave to cool then transfer to serving dishes and refrigerate.