AJIACO (BOGOTA CHICKEN AND POTATO SOUP)
AJIACO (BOGOTA CHICKEN AND POTATO SOUP). Alimento Base: Chicken, The night before marinate the chicken breasts with garlic, onion and salt. In a heavy 4-liter casserole, put the chicken breasts, add water, cover and cook until the chicken is tender....
- 2 chicken breasts
- Garlic and onion
- Chicken stock
- 12 small yellow potatoes cut in halves
- 2 ears of corn cut in halves
- 8 medium potatoes peeled and cut into 5mm slices
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 8 tsp guascas a herb, Galinsoga parviflora, known as “gallant soldiers” in English
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp capers drained
- 2 avocados peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
Elaboración paso a paso
- The night before marinate the chicken breasts with garlic, onion and salt.
- In a heavy 4-liter casserole, put the chicken breasts, add water, cover and cook until the chicken is tender.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter.
- Remove the skin from the chicken and discard.
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips.
- Cook the yellow potatoes in the casserole with the chicken stock until they start to disintegrate.
- Add more chicken stock to taste.
- At this point the soup should be thick and fairly smooth.
- Add the bunch of scallions, the bunch of cilantro, the sliced potatoes, the guascas, and the corn.
- When cooked remove the bunch of cilantro and the bunch of scallions.
- Serve the chicken on soup bowls and pour the soup into the bowls.
- Pour 3 tsp of cream and 1 tsp of chopped capers on each bowl.
- Float the sliced avocado on top.