TXANGURRO (SPIDER CRAB)
TXANGURRO (SPIDER CRAB). Alimento Base: Spider crab, Wash the spider crabs and cook them in plenty of salted water for 10 minutes. Remove from the pot, leave to cool and extract all the flesh from the legs and the shell. Retrieve the liquid from...
- 4 txangurros spider crabs, 800 g each
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped leek
- 2 peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 40 g of butter
- 1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs
- 2 l of water
- 100 ml of olive oil
- 200 ml of brandy
Elaboración paso a paso
- Wash the spider crabs and cook them in plenty of salted water for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pot, leave to cool and extract all the flesh from the legs and the shell.
- Retrieve the liquid from the inside of the shells, wash them and dry them.
- Flake the meat and reserve.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion and the leek.
- When they become coloured, add the tomatoes, continue cooking for 7 minutes and sprinkle with brandy.
- Flambee and add the flesh of the spider crabs and reserved liquid.
- Season with pepper and salt, and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Fill the shells of the spider crabs with this mixture.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs, put knobs of butter on top and brown in the oven.