ROCOTOS RELLENOS (STUFFED ROCOTO PEPPERS)
ROCOTOS RELLENOS (STUFFED ROCOTO PEPPERS). Alimento Base: Rocoto chillies, Rocotos: Cut the upper part of 6 rocotos and set aside to use as a lid. Take out the seeds and clean the rocotos. Cook in water with salt and vinegar. Repeat three times....
- 7 rocotos with a wide base
- 3/4 cup of red vinegar
- 200 g 1/2 lb of ground beef
- 100 g 1/4 lb of ground pork
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic ground
- 1/4 cup or margarine or butter
- 1/2 tablespoon of flour
- 2 tablespoons of cream
- 1/4 cup of ground pecans
- 1/2 cup of beef stock
- 1 tablespoon of aji panca paste
- 6 small potatoes cooked and peeled
- 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese or Andean cheese, if you can get it
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 1/2 glass of dry white wine
Elaboración paso a paso
- Cut the upper part of 6 rocotos and set aside to use as a lid. Take out the seeds and clean the rocotos. Cook in water with salt and vinegar. Repeat three times.
- Make a seasoning in a frying pan with the margarine, ground garlic and onion. Add the aji panca paste.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper and add to the seasoning. Mix well. Chop the remaining rocoto into very small pieces and add it with the pecans and the flour. Mix again. Wait some moments and add the stock and cream. Mix and take off the flame.
- Fry the chopped garlic in olive oil, add the tomato sauce and the wine. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Carefully stuff the rocotos with the meat mix.
- Spread tomato sauce on a tray and place the stuffed rocotos and the potatoes. Cover them with parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake to 350º F (150º C) until the cheese melts. Serve immediately with white rice.