PAN DULCE NAVIDEÑO (CHRISTMAS SWEET BREAD)
PAN DULCE NAVIDEÑO (CHRISTMAS SWEET BREAD). Alimento Base: Flour, Yeast Preparation: In a deep bowl, put the water with the sugar. Mix well. Add the yeast and let it soak for five minutes. To this mixture add the water, little by little, and the...
- Yeast ingredients:
- 2 spoonfuls dry yeast or 4 spoonfuls fresh yeast
- 1/4 cup water lukewarm
- 2 spoonfuls sugar
- 2 water cups lukewarm
- 2 cups flour
- Dough ingredients:
- 10 cups flour cups more or less
- 11/2 cups sugar
- 6 whole eggs
- 1 spoonful salt
- 11/2 cups butter
- 2 cups milk lukewarm
- 1 spoonfuls orange blossom water
- 1 spoonful cognac
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 6 cups raisins
- 1 cup nuts peeled and chopped
- 1 cup glazed orange rind
- 1 cup almonds peeled and chopped
Elaboración paso a paso
- Yeast Preparation:
- In a deep bowl, put the water with the sugar. Mix well. Add the yeast and let it soak for five minutes.
- To this mixture add the water, little by little, and the flour. Mix well and let rest until it raises and doubles.
- Place this mixture under the sun or near the stove, covering with a dish cloth or towel.
- Dough Preparation:
- To the yeast add the sugar, salt, butter, lightly beaten eggs, milk, orange blossom water, cognac, vanilla essence and flour. Mix all ingredients very well.
- On a table knead the dough until bubbles burst. Place the dough in a bowl and cover with a dish cloth or towel. Place the dough under the sun or near the stove so that it doubles in size for a second time.
- In the meantime, mix the nuts, almonds and glazed orange rind with one or two spoonfuls of flour, so that the fruit does not go to the bottom of the bread.
- Once the dough doubles in size, add the fruit. Mix very well.
- Place the dough under the sun or near the stove so that it doubles in size for a third time.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, divide it into eight parts. Make a ball with each piece and then flatten it, forming a bread loaf. Place bread loafs in a non-sticky baking sheet.
- Let double for the fourth time. Bake it at medium temperature (European oven:150ºC; American oven:302ºF) for forty-five minutes to one hour.
- In a small bowl add a spoonful of boiling water, ten spoonfuls of fine sugar more or less, until it thickens, and finally, a teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- Remove the bread loaves from the oven. While still hot, paint them with the sugar mixture using a brush. If you wish, decorate with glazed fruit or raisins.