MENUDO GITANO (ANDALUSIAN TRIPE)
MENUDO GITANO (ANDALUSIAN TRIPE). Alimento Base: Chickpeas, Put the tripe and the calves feet on a table and remove the skin. Once clean, cut into regular pieces and cut the feet in half. Put them in a bowl, add vinegar, salt and lemon juice, and...
- 1 kg of tripe
- 1/2 kg of chickpeas
- 2 onions
- 1 head of garlic
- 1/2 kg calves' feet
- 2 carrots
- 1 red or green pepper
- 2 to matoes
- Ham bone
- Black pudding
- Ham vinegar
Elaboración paso a paso
- Put the tripe and the calves feet on a table and remove the skin.
- Once clean, cut into regular pieces and cut the feet in half.
- Put them in a bowl, add vinegar, salt and lemon juice, and mix.
- Leave for 20 minutes and then wash several times until the water comes out clear.
- Cover with water and put it all to boil in a large pot, together with the soaked chickpeas.
- Add the onion and the chopped garlic, chopped carrots, paprika, mint, parsley and a piece of the ham bone.
- Allow to cook until everything is tender and add the chorizo and the black pudding.
- Fry the onion, green pepper, tomatoes and ham scraps.
- Mash them in a mortar, together with the garlic, nutmeg and saffron.
- Put it in the stew and correct the salt.