MANGO DELIGHT. Alimento Base: Mangoes, Put the orange juice into a small heat-proof bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over it. Set aside for 5 minutes. Peel mangoes, cut fruit from pits and puree in blender or food processor. You should have 4 cups...
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 packet unflavored gelatin
- 5 medium very ripe mangoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 2 cup light whipped topping
Elaboración paso a paso
- Put the orange juice into a small heat-proof bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over it.
- Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Peel mangoes, cut fruit from pits and puree in blender or food processor.
- You should have 4 cups of puree.
- Transfer puree to a large mixing bowl and stir in the sugar and evaporated milk.
- Warm the juice and gelatin over a bowl of hot water until liquid and smooth.
- Whisk the gelatin into the mango mixture.
- Stir in the whipped topping.
- Fill a 10 cup mold with cold water and pour all the water out.
- Fill the mold with the mango mixture, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, at least 2 to 3 hours.
- To serve, wrap a warm, damp towel around the mold.
- Invert a serving plate over the mod and, holding plate and mold together, turn plate upright.
- Lift the mold away carefully.