JOCÓN. Alimento Base: Chicken, Cook the chicken cut in pieces in approximately 1 1/2 liters of water, add salt and any other spices you wish. Don
- 1 2 1/2- pound chicken
- 6 green onion shoots
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 pound tomatoes
- 1/2 pound tomatillo
- 6 medium bell peppers
- 1 piece of bread previously soaked in water French bread
- Corn dough
- Salt to taste
- Pepper optional
Elaboración paso a paso
- Cook the chicken cut in pieces in approximately 1 1/2 liters of water, add salt and any other spices you wish. Don't let the chicken overcook; you' will have to put it boil later with the Jocón sauce. Remove from the broth and save 2 cups to use it to prepare the Jocón. You may use the rest as base for other soups or for other dishes.
- Meanwhile, cook the onion shoots, the cilantro, green tomatoes, tomatillo and bell peppers. When they are ready add the bread and blend them all together.
- Fry the blend of green vegetables in three spoons of oil. Add the two cups of the broth we saved before. Jocón should not be too thick. However, you can adjust the thickness with corn dough or nixtamal (the one used to make tortillas) dissolved in water. You'll need approximately 4 tablespoons of dough. If you prefer, add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken to the sauce and let the Jocón boil for 10 minutes. Remove from flame.
- Serve it hot.