KESHI YENA (STUFFED CHEESE)
KESHI YENA (STUFFED CHEESE). Alimento Base: Edam cheese, Slice the top off the cheese and reserve. Gently scoop out the inside, leaving a 1/4 to 1/2 inch shell. The cheese should resemble a hollowed out pumpkin. Sauté the remaining ingredients,...
- 2 sliced onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 small Edam cheese 2 to 2 1/2 lbs
- 2 lbs. shredded cooked chicken
- 3 to matoes chopped and peeled
- 1/4 cup sliced olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/4 minced hot pepper or hot sauce to taste
- 1/2 cup raisins and chopped prunes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 eggs
Elaboración paso a paso
- Slice the top off the cheese and reserve. Gently scoop out the inside, leaving a 1/4 to 1/2 inch shell. The cheese should resemble a hollowed out pumpkin.
- Sauté the remaining ingredients, except the eggs, in the butter; simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Beat 4 eggs and stir into the mixture.
- Spoon it into the cheese shell, replace the top and spread remaining beaten egg on top to seal.
- Grease a shallow baking dish and fill it with about 1 inch of water; set the cheese in the dish and bake at 350° F for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- The cheese will expand and flatten slightly but will keep its basic shape.
- Serve piping hot, cut into wedges.
- Leftovers are good reheated.