KESHI YENA (SIMPLE VERSION)
KESHI YENA (SIMPLE VERSION). Alimento Base: Gouda cheese, Butter a deep 10-12 inch glass baking pan and lay 2/3 of the sliced gouda on bottom. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in skillet, add onions and fry until golden brown. Add tomato, pickles, green...
- 1 lb Dutch Gouda cheese sliced
- 1 large onion
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups cooked chicken or similar amount of cooked fish or canned tuna
- 1 large tomato peeled, chopped
- 2 dill pickles minced
- 1 large green pepper seeded and chopped finely
- 8 large green stuffed olives sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chopped cashew nuts
Elaboración paso a paso
- Butter a deep 10-12 inch glass baking pan and lay 2/3 of the sliced gouda on bottom.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in skillet, add onions and fry until golden brown.
- Add tomato, pickles, green pepper, olives, capers, garlic, raisins, mustard, ketchup, thyme, Worcestershire sauce and chopped cashew nuts.
- Spread this mixture on top of the sliced gouda and cover with the remaining slices of gouda.
- Put into a large baking pan and fill with water about half way up the sides of the Keshi Yena pan.
- Bake in preheated 350° degree over for 30 minutes.