POLLO GUISADO. Alimento Base: Chicken, Place the chicken in a pan with enough water to cover the chicken by half an inch. Add 1 teaspoon of salt. Cook at moderate high heat until the water starts to boil, then lower the heat to moderate and cook...
- 4 portions of boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 3 tablespoons of sofrito
- 1 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 5 olives
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 ounce green bell pepper
- 2 cups of water
Elaboración paso a paso
- Place the chicken in a pan with enough water to cover the chicken by half an inch.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt. Cook at moderate high heat until the water starts to boil, then lower the heat to moderate and cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and drain all the water. Let the chicken cool for approximately 15 minutes. Cut the chicken into 1/2" pieces and set aside.
- Peel and dice the potatoes into 1/4" size pieces. Set aside.
- Dice the green bell pepper into 1/8" pieces. Set aside.
- In a pan add the sofrito, 1 teaspoon of salt, tomato sauce, olives, potato, green bell pepper, bay leaves, olive oil, and 2 cups of water. Cook at moderate heat until it starts boiling.
- Lower to moderate low heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir once while simmering.
- Add the chicken. Continue to simmer at moderate heat for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.