HUEVOS RANCHEROS (RANCH-STYLE EGGS)
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 5-inch corn tortillas
- 2 14 oz. cans whole tomatoes in juice
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro plus additional for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 large eggs
Preheat your oven to 200º F. Place oven-proof dinner plates in oven to warm.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 10-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking.
Stack 2 tortillas in skillet and cook 30 seconds, then flip stack over with tongs and cook 30 seconds more.
While second tortilla cooks on bottom, turn top tortilla over with tongs, keeping tortillas stacked.
Flip stack again and cook in same manner, turning over top tortilla and flipping stack again so that both tortillas are softened and both sides puff slightly, then deflate (do not let them become browned or crisp).
Wrap tortillas loosely in foil and keep warm in oven.
Fry remaining tortillas in same manner, adding 1 tablespoon oil to skillet for each batch. (Do not clean skillet.)
Puree tomatoes with their juice, onion, cilantro, chipotle, garlic, and salt in a blender until very smooth. Carefully add mixture to hot skillet (it may spatter) and simmer, stirring occasionally, until salsa is slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch heavy nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then crack 4 eggs into skillet and cook 3 to 4 minutes for runny yolks, or to desired doneness. Transfer to a plate and keep warm, covered, then cook remaining 4 eggs in remaining tablespoon oil in same manner. Season eggs with salt and pepper.
Spoon 1/4 cup salsa onto each plate and top with 2 tortillas, slightly overlapping them. Transfer 2 eggs to tortillas on each plate and top with some of remaining salsa. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Votos Totales: 379
- Alimento base: Eggs
- Dificultad: Easy
- Tiempo preparación: 30 min.
- Comensales: 4
- Estacionalidad: All year
- País: Mexico
- Típica de: Mexico
- Microondas: No
- Celiacos: No
- Afrodisiaca: No
- Thermomix: No
- Niños: No
- Light: No
- Vegetariana: Yes
- Especial fiestas
- Especial navidad
- Frijoles al estilo brasileño
- Auténtico pan de queso brasileño (pão de queijo)
- Guiso de pescado brasileño (moqueca baiana)
- Feijoada (estofado a la brasileña)
- Macarrones con queso trufados (truffled mac ‘n’ cheese)
- Pastel de nuez con crema de arce
- Barbacoa de texas (texas bbq medley)
- Alitas de pollo picantes (buffalo chicken)