COFFEE ICE CREAM
- 3 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons ground coffee
- 3 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup sugar
Bring milk to a boil. Remove from heat and immediately add ground coffee. Stir constantly for five minutes.
In a large mixing bowl, whip egg yolks with sugar until frothy (about 2 minutes). Pour the milk through a sieve lined with cheesecloth or a coffee filter into the egg yolk mixture. Whisk until the egg yolk and sugar have been absorbed into the milk.
Now bring water to a simmer in a medium pot, large enough to fit the mixing bowl without the bowl touching the water. Place the mixing bowl over the water and stir constantly until it begins to thicken, 15-20 minutes. Caution: the mixture should never come to a boil.
If you have an ice cream maker, add 1 cup cream and once cool, follow the instructions of your ice cream maker. If not, pour the mixture into ice cube trays and place in freezer for a couple of hours, until it has begun to freeze slightly.
Remove from freezer and put the half-frozen mixture in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and not icy. Return mixture to ice cube trays for one hour, then blend again.
Whip 1 cup very cold heavy cream and gently fold into coffee slush. Store in freezer; mixture should be ready to eat in 1-2 hours.
Note: ice cream made without an ice cream maker tends to be a bit icy and does not keep well for more than 12-14 hours.
Votos Totales: 289
- Alimento base: Ground coffee
- Dificultad: Average
- Tiempo preparación: 45 min.
- Comensales: 3
- Estacionalidad: All year
- País: United States
- Típica de: United States
- Microondas: No
- Celiacos: No
- Afrodisiaca: No
- Thermomix: No
- Niños: No
- Light: No
- Vegetariana: Yes
- Especial fiestas
- Especial navidad
- Cold brew café ? disfruta del mejor café helado
- Cartoccio de mero con alcaparras
- Panal de albóndigas y patatas al horno
- Hojaldres de jamón, espinacas y queso
- Tortitas veganas de coliflor y cilantro
- Gelatina michoacana de la sra. regina
- Tronco toluqueño especial para celebración
- Fruit cake de toby's liquor and deli
- Rosca toluqueña de la sra. camila
- Ensalada cítrica de escarola con manzanas y vinagreta de jamaica y betabel