VENEZUELAN EGGPLANT WITH GREEN BEANS
VENEZUELAN EGGPLANT WITH GREEN BEANS . Alimento Base: Eggplant, Preheat oven to 350 F. Peel eggplant and cut into 1-inch cubes. In medium bowl, combine eggplant, 6 tablespoons oil and chopped garlic. Toss to coat and let marinate at room temperature...
- 3 large eggplants aubergines, halved lengthwise
- 7 tbl olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 cups shiitake mushrooms stems removed and caps sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup green beans cut into 1-inch length OR thawed frozen green beans
- 1 1/2 tsp minced shallots
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 ripe plum tomatoes diced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tbl chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tbl chopped fresh parsley leaves
Elaboración paso a paso
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Peel eggplant and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- In medium bowl, combine eggplant, 6 tablespoons oil and chopped garlic.
- Toss to coat and let marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Spread eggplant on baking sheet.
- Roast until tender, about 20 minutes.
- In large skillet, heat remaining tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, green beans, shallots, minced garlic, tomatoes, and salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until vegetables are softened, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add eggplant and mix to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat thoroughly. Serve sprinkled with cilantro and parsley.