SOPA DE REPOLLO (CHILEAN CABBAGE SOUP)
SOPA DE REPOLLO (CHILEAN CABBAGE SOUP). Alimento Base: Cabbage, Wash and finely shred the cabbage. Peel the potato, slice thinly, then cut each slice into 3 or 4 fingers. Trim the leek and split it lengthwise. Wash thoroughly, then slice finely....
- 1 small green cabbage weighing about 1 pound
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup coarsely grated Munster or similar cheese
- 1 large or 2 medium potatoes
- 4 cups beef or chicken stock
- 1 large leek
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Elaboración paso a paso
- Wash and finely shred the cabbage.
- Peel the potato, slice thinly, then cut each slice into 3 or 4 fingers.
- Trim the leek and split it lengthwise.
- Wash thoroughly, then slice finely.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan large enough to hold all the ingredients.
- Add the cabbage, potatoes, and leek and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the vegetables have absorbed the butter and the cabbage and leek are wilted, about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Pour in the stock, season to taste with salt and pepper and simmer, covered, over moderate heat for 30 minutes, until the cabbage is tender.
- Stir in the cheese, and serve in soup bowls.