SOPA DE CREMA DE COCO (CREAM OF COCONUT SOUP)
SOPA DE CREMA DE COCO (CREAM OF COCONUT SOUP). Alimento Base: Coconut, Extract the thick milk from the coconut and set it aside. There will be 3/4 to 1 cup. Heat 1 cup of the chicken stock and pour it over the grated coconut, from which the thick...
- 1 coconut
- 1 medium onion grated
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Freshly ground white pepper
Elaboración paso a paso
- Extract the thick milk from the coconut and set it aside. There will be 3/4 to 1 cup.
- Heat 1 cup of the chicken stock and pour it over the grated coconut, from which the thick milk has been squeezed, and let it stand about 30 minutes.
- Squeeze out the liquid through a double layer of dampened cheesecloth. Repeat the process two or three times to extract as much flavor from the coconut as possible. Set aside.
- Do not mix the two lots of milk. Discard the grated coconut.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and saute the onion until it is very soft.
- Stir in the flour and cook, stirring, over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in the thin coconut milk made with the stock, and the rest of the stock.
- Add a little more stock if there is only 3/4 cup of the thick coconut milk, to make 6 cups in all.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the thick coconut milk and heat the soup through but do not let it boil.
- Serve in bouillon cups.