SO'O-YOSOPY (PARAGUAYAN BEEF SOUP)
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and cored
- 4 medium tomatoes peeled and chopped
- 8 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup rice
- Grated parmesan cheese
Elaboración paso a paso
- Smash meat in a large mortar or process in a food processor until it is almost like a paste.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and saute the onions and green pepper until the onions are softened and translucent. Add the tomatoes and cook until the mixture is thick and well blended, about 5 minutes longer. Set aside to cool.
- Put the beef into a saucepan. Mix in the sauteed onions, green pepper or hot peppers and tomatoes and 8 cups cold water. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil over moderate heat, stirring with a wooden spoon. Add the rice or noodles and simmer, still stirring, until tender, about 15 minutes. At this point, season to taste with salt. If salt is added earlier the meat and the liquid, which should be completely blended, may separate.
- Serve with boiled potatoes or cassava.