SANTA FE BLUE CORN MUFFINS
SANTA FE BLUE CORN MUFFINS. Alimento Base: Blue cornmeal, Preheat oven to 375F. Grease muffin tin well, or arrange paper muffin liners. Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together. Slowly...
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 3/4 cup green chile diced roasted OR 1/4 cup minced roasted jalapeno
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup blue cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Elaboración paso a paso
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease muffin tin well, or arrange paper muffin liners.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together. Slowly add the egg/milk mixture to the creamed butter and continue to mix until combined well.
- Add the corn, cheeses, jalapeno or green chile, and combine well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend together.
- Pour into muffin tins and bake until just firm, about 25 minutes. Serve warm with butter.
- To make a more savory muffin, decrease the amount of sugar to 2-3 tbsp and add 2-3 tbsp chile powder and leave out the green chiles. Or, in place of the green chiles, add 1/2 cup minced onion and 2 cloves minced garlic, both sauteed in butter until soft.
- Yields around 18 muffins.