PUDIN DE BACALAO (CODFISH PUDDING)
PUDIN DE BACALAO (CODFISH PUDDING). Alimento Base: Cod, Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place the potatoes in a medium size saucepan with salted water to cover over medium heat and cook until tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain the potatoes and shake the...
- 4 medium-size all-purpose potatoes cut in half
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- 1 pound salted codfish desalted, cooked, and flaked
- 4 large eggs well beaten
- 1/4 cup cracker meal or fine bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons salted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup drained canned early sweet peas
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Elaboración paso a paso
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Place the potatoes in a medium size saucepan with salted water to cover over medium heat and cook until tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and shake the pan over medium heat to evaporate any remaining moisture.
- Using a potato masher or a fork, mash the potatoes into a puree.
- Add the flaked codfish, butter, cream, and eggs, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the garnish, mix well, and set aside.
- (Recipe can be prepared ahead up to this point and refrigerated for several hours).
- Lightly oil an 8 x 8-inch ovenproof casserole (or one that will accommodate the mixture comfortably) and spoon in the potato mixture.
- Bake on the middle oven rack until golden and puffed, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Garnish with the parsley and serve directly from the casserole.