PORK LOIN WITH ONIONS AND WHITE WINE (LOMO DE CERDO CON CEBOLLA Y VINO BLANCO)
PORK LOIN WITH ONIONS AND WHITE WINE (LOMO DE CERDO CON CEBOLLA Y VINO BLANCO). Alimento Base: Pork, Marinate pork overnight in 4 Tbsp olive oil mixed with the garlic, pepper corns and the clove which have all been mashed and ground in a mortar....
- 6 large thick slices of pork loin or
- 6 pork chops
- 4 Tbsp olive oil for marinating
- 5 Tbsp olive oil for frying
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 2 whole pepper grains
- 1 clove
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 Tbsp wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- flour for dusting the meat
- 1/2 cup meat stock
- A few strands of toasted saffron to toast saffron, fold it a piece of paper, place paper on hot plate or any hot surface until the paper begins to brown. Crush with a pestle in mortar or bowl salt and pepper to taste
Elaboración paso a paso
- Marinate pork overnight in 4 Tbsp olive oil mixed with the garlic, pepper corns and the clove which have all been mashed and ground in a mortar.
- Chop onions and fry slowly in 2 Tbsp olive oil in a casserole.
- While onions are frying, dip the pork in flour and fry it in very hot oil in another pan. Brown well on both sides.
- When onions are golden brown, add the vinegar to the pan and cook to evaporate.
- Add the fried meat to the onions, and add the stock to the pan where you fried the meat and then pour that liquid into the other pan with the meat and onions.
- Add the wine and just enough stock to barely cover.
- Mix a little of the sauce with the toasted saffron and return to pan. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer slowly uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Scrape the pan from the bottom from time to time to prevent sticking.