PONCHE CREMA (EGGNOG)
PONCHE CREMA (EGGNOG). Alimento Base: Rum, Grate the nutmeg into the rum and set aside. Take the eggs and egg yolks and carefully remove the coagulated spots which cling to the yolks of fertilized eggs. Beat eggs and yolks with a wire whisk until...
- 1 tsp. fresh nutmeg
- 2 tbs. white Bacardi rum
- 3 eggs and 3 egg yolks
- 1 tin condensed milk 397 grams or about 1 1/2 cups
- A quantity of rum equal to that of the condensed milk
- 1 small tin evaporated milk 170 grams or about 2/3 cup
- 1 generous tsp. vanilla
Elaboración paso a paso
- Grate the nutmeg into the rum and set aside.
- Take the eggs and egg yolks and carefully remove the coagulated spots which cling to the yolks of fertilized eggs.
- Beat eggs and yolks with a wire whisk until light and frothy.
- Add condensed milk.
- Using the milk tin as a measure, blend in well the rum.
- Add evaporated milk and beat again.
- Decant the rum which has been soaking with the nutmeg into the egg and milk mixture.
- Be sure that the nutmeg grains do not find their way into the ponche crema.
- Add vanilla and pour the mixture into the top of a double boiler.
- Cook over gently boiling water, stirring constantly, until the liquid thickens, about fifteen minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- When the ponche crema is thoroughly chilled, funnel it into a sterilized, untinted decorative whisky or wine bottle.
- Cap well and refrigerate indefinitely.