PLATANITOS HORNEADOS (BANANA CRISP)
PLATANITOS HORNEADOS (BANANA CRISP). Alimento Base: Bananas, Lightly butter an 8-inch square Pyrex baking dish or mold that fits the bananas comfortably. In a large bowl, combine the bananas with the sugar, lemon juice, rum, vanilla, and nutmeg,...
- 6 medium-size ripe bananas, peeled and cut 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons light rum
- 4 tablespoons 1/2 stick salted butter
- Crumbled peanut brittle to taste optional
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cup crumbled savoiardi toasted ladyfingers available at Hispanic markets, or amaretti (Italian cookies)
- 1 tablespon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup finely ground walnuts
Elaboración paso a paso
- Lightly butter an 8-inch square Pyrex baking dish or mold that fits the bananas comfortably.
- In a large bowl, combine the bananas with the sugar, lemon juice, rum, vanilla, and nutmeg, toss to coat well, and transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- (You can prepare the recipe ahead up to this point, and refrigerate).
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter, then remove from the heat and stir in the crumbled cookies and walnuts.
- Sprinkle the crumbs over the bananas and bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- If you add the peanut brittle, sprinkle it over the dish during the last 5 minutes of baking.
- Serve hot.