PERUVIAN TOFU AND VEGETABLES
PERUVIAN TOFU AND VEGETABLES. Alimento Base: Tofu, Put the oil in a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the onion for 2 minutes or until it starts to wilt and color. Add the garlic and tomato. Reduce the heat to medium and stir until...
- 1 tsp light olive oil with a dash of toasted sesame oil
- 1 medium onion cut into a 1/2 inch (1.75 cm) dice
- 3 peeled garlic cloves bashed and chopped
- 3 tbl low sodium tomato paste
- 1 cup de-alcoholized red wine
- 2 cups Yellow Finn potatoes cut in 1/2 inch (1.75 cm) dice
- Carrots peeled and cut in 1/2 inch (1.75 cm) dice
- 14 1/2 oz no-salt-added diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 lb 1% tofu cut in 1 inch (2.5-cm) cubes
- 12 kalamata olives halved and pitted
- 2 tsp capers heaping
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper (cayenne pepper)
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cup thickly sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen petit peas
- 1 tsp arrowroot mixed with 2 tsp de-alcoholized red wine slurry
Elaboración paso a paso
- Put the oil in a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry the onion for 2 minutes or until it starts to wilt and color.
- Add the garlic and tomato.
- Reduce the heat to medium and stir until the tomato paste darkens, about 2 1/2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine, scraping up the flavorful bits from the bottom.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, tofu, olives, capers, and vegetable stock.
- Stir in the bay leaves, cayenne, allspice, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, turn down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook 5 minutes more.
- Stir in the peas and arrowroot slurry and heat until thickened.
- Ladle into hot bowls and serve with a slice of rustic French bread.