MAJORCAN VEGETABLE SOUP
MAJORCAN VEGETABLE SOUP. Alimento Base: Onion, Gently fry the garlic, onion and leeks in a casserole dish, without letting them brown. Add the tomatoes and the paprika. Stir continuously with a wooden spoon, then add the cabbage and pour on a little...
- 3 chopped fresh onions
- 2 cloves of peeled and finely-chopped garlic
- 2 chopped leeks only the white part
- 4 large cabbage leaves cleaned and chopped
- 80 g of shelled peas
- 100 g of spinach washed and chopped
- 100 g of green beans
- 100 g of farmhouse brown bread with no salt cut into very fine slices
- 150 ml of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
Elaboración paso a paso
- Gently fry the garlic, onion and leeks in a casserole dish, without letting them brown.
- Add the tomatoes and the paprika.
- Stir continuously with a wooden spoon, then add the cabbage and pour on a little water.
- Cook for 15 minutes along with the green beans and the peas.
- Add the spinach and a tablespoon more water, add a little salt, cover and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Then drain and put the broth to one side.
- Prepare an earthenware dish with half of the bread and drizzle with a splash of oil; cover with a layer of well-drained vegetables and place more bread on top, pouring on more oil.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and dip them with the broth put to one side.
- Drain excess broth.