LECHÓN AL HORNO (ROASTED SUCKLING PIG)
LECHÓN AL HORNO (ROASTED SUCKLING PIG). Alimento Base: Suckling pig, Clean the pig, scraping with a knife
- 1 suckling pig 6 1/2 lb more or less
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley finely minced
- 1 spoonful thyme finely minced
- 1 spoonful garlic 8 cloves, peeled, minced, and roasted
- 11/2 spoonfuls ground salt
- 11/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 11/2 teaspoons crumbled oregano
- 1 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup oil or butter
Elaboración paso a paso
- Clean the pig, scraping with a knife's edge any hair that might still be on the skin.
- Rub the inside and outside of the pig with the lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl mix all the ingredients, so that a sauce forms. Rub the pig with the mixture. Let it stand for one night.
- Before putting the pig into the oven, sprinkle it with the juice that had dripped during the night.
- Make small cuts in the joints of the shoulders and legs, separating the nerves of these limbs. This is done to avoid shrinking when cooking.
- Place the pig in a deep baking dish to receive the juice that drips when cooking, with the skin downwards so that, in contact with the juice, it cooks first.
- One hour later, turn the pig over so that the skin already cooked turns golden and crunchy. Let it cook for about three hours over medium heat (American oven: 350ºF; European oven: 176ºC).
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and cut the meat into medium size pieces (about 3 to 4 inches).