GRILLED SEA BASS WITH A PORTUGUESE SAUCE
GRILLED SEA BASS WITH A PORTUGUESE SAUCE. Alimento Base: Sea bass, Preheat the grill. Using a sharp knife, make three slashes across each fish at an angle. Rub each fish with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with Emeril
- 4 small whole sea bass about 3/4 to 1 lb each
- 4 tbl olive oil divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup peeled seeded, chopped roma tomatoes
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives
- 1 cup fresh fava beans blanched peeled
- 1 tbl minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced anchovy fillets
- 1 tbl finely-chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbl chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbl chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbl chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 stick butter cut into tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbl finely-chopped parsley
Elaboración paso a paso
- Preheat the grill. Using a sharp knife, make three slashes across each fish at an angle.
- Rub each fish with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with Emeril's Essence.
- Place the fish on the hot grill and grill for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, depending on the weight of each fish.
- In a saute pan, heat the remaining olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, saute the onions for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, black olives and fava beans.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, anchovies, fresh herbs and white wine.
- Bring the liquid up to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Fold in the butter, a tablespoon at a time.
- Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the sauce in the center of an oblong plate.
- Lay the fish directly on top of the sauce.
- Garnish with parsley.