FRITANGA (SPICY PORK AND EGG STEW)
FRITANGA (SPICY PORK AND EGG STEW). Alimento Base: Pork, Cut the meat in small pieces. In a large pot heat the two cups of cold water and add the pork meat. Let it boil until all the water evaporates. Remove the meat from the pot. Stir-fry all the...
- 2.2 lb pork preferably ribs
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 cups white onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup green onion thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup peeled tomato thinly sliced
- 1 spoonful finely minced mint
- 1/2 cup finely minced parsley
- 1 spoonful crumbled oregano
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup ground cayenne pepper
- 1 spoonful salt
- 4 cups water or broth
- 4 eggs optional
Elaboración paso a paso
- Cut the meat in small pieces.
- In a large pot heat the two cups of cold water and add the pork meat. Let it boil until all the water evaporates.
- Remove the meat from the pot. Stir-fry all the other ingredients, according to the order of the list, using the butter left in the pot by the cooked pork.
- Add the pork meat and the four cups of water or broth.
- Let it cook over a high heat until it boils, then over a low heat for two hours until the meat is tender.
- Try to maintain the initial amount of broth. If necessary, add boiling water so that the stew does not get too thick.
- Five minutes before serving, add the green onions and remove the pot from the heat.
- After adding the green onion, add four eggs mixing quickly to thicken the stew.
- Serve in a deep plate with cooked white corn and cooked potatoes.