FLAN DE PINA (PINEAPPLE CUSTARD)
FLAN DE PINA (PINEAPPLE CUSTARD). Alimento Base: Pineapple, In the top of a double boiler (6-1/2 cup size) over boiling water melt the 1/4 cup sugar over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until it has melted and is a rich caramel color. Dip the...
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup sugar
Elaboración paso a paso
- In the top of a double boiler (6-1/2 cup size) over boiling water melt the 1/4 cup sugar over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until it has melted and is a rich caramel color.
- Dip the bottom of the container into cold water for a second or two, then turn the mold so that the caramel coats sides as well as bottom. Set aside.
- In a saucepan combine the pineapple juice and 1 cup sugar and cook, stirring, until the liquid is reduced to half and is quite thick.
- Cool the syrup.
- Beat the eggs until they are thick and lemon-coloured.
- Pour the syrup into the eggs in a thin, slow stream, beating all the time.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared caramelized container.
- On the top of the stove cook the custard, covered, over barely simmering water for about 2 hours, or until it is set.
- Cool and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Before serving unmold by running a knife between the custard and the container, then place a serving dish over the mold and invert quickly.