FISH TUMBET . Alimento Base: Hake , Cut the fish into small fillets, fry it and put to one side. Fish leftovers (oven-baked, boiled or fried) from the day before can be added, providing all skin or bones have been removed. Peel and wash the potatoes...
- 500 g of anglerfish or hake
- 4 large tomatoes
- 4 medium potatoes
- 3 large green peppers
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Pure olive oil
Elaboración paso a paso
- Cut the fish into small fillets, fry it and put to one side.
- Fish leftovers (oven-baked, boiled or fried) from the day before can be added, providing all skin or bones have been removed.
- Peel and wash the potatoes and the aubergines and cut them into fine slices.
- Leave them in a colander with salt for an hour to remove the bitterness.
- Then sprinkle with flour, fry and put to one side.
- Separately, cut the peppers into long strips and fry them on a low flame.
- Also fry the slices of potato, season them and place them in quite a deep round earthenware dish (around 23 mm).
- Place alternate layers of fried aubergines, fried peppers and fish and repeat the operation (potatoes, aubergines, peppers).
- Meanwhile, make a sauce by gently frying the onion, the finely-chopped garlic and the tomatoes (chopped, peeled and seedless).
- Leave everything in the oil for a few minutes, and then strain through a sieve.
- Pour this sauce on the tumbet and bake for a few minutes.