FISH AND CLAM CHOWDER
FISH AND CLAM CHOWDER. Alimento Base: Fish, In 3-quart saucepan combine potatoes, celery, green onions and oil. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender (6 to 8 minutes). Stir in broth. Cover; continue cooking until...
- 2 cups 2 medium cubed ½-inch potatoes
- 1 cup 2 stalks chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons sliced ¼-inch green onions
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or bacon fat
- 1 14 ½ ounce can chicken broth
- 1 pound fish fillets cod, red snapper or haddock, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 cups torn spinach leaves
- 4 cups milk
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 6 ½ ounce can minced clams
- 4 slices crisply cooked crumbled bacon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- Hot pepper sauce
Elaboración paso a paso
- In 3-quart saucepan combine potatoes, celery, green onions and oil.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender (6 to 8 minutes). Stir in broth.
- Cover; continue cooking until potatoes are tender (10 to 15 minutes).
- Stir in fish, spinach and 3 cups milk.
- Continue cooking until fish flakes with a fork (4 to 7 minutes).
- In a small bowl, combine remaining milk with flour; stir into soup.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring constantly, until soup is slightly thickened (4 to 5 minutes).
- Add all remaining ingredients; continue cooking until soup is heated through (1 to 2 minutes).