EGGS OWEN. Alimento Base: Eggs, Peel and cube the potato. Fill a large saucepan with water and bring the liquid to a boil. Add the potatoes to the boiling water and cook until tender, about 15 minutes; do not overcook. Melt the butter in a large...
- 1 large Idaho potato
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick butter
- 1 pound beef tenderloin diced (beef tips can be substituted)
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup scallions finely chopped
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of white pepper
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- 8 poached eggs see recipe on this site
- 1/2 cup Marchand de Vin sauce see recipe on this site
- Grilled tomatoes for garnish
Elaboración paso a paso
- Peel and cube the potato. Fill a large saucepan with water and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Add the potatoes to the boiling water and cook until tender, about 15 minutes; do not overcook.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet and brown the beef tenderloin over moderately high heat, about three to four minutes.
- Remove the meat from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onions to the skillet and cook for two minutes, then stir in the celery, bell pepper, garlic and bay leaves.
- Cook the vegetables for two to three minutes until tender, then blend in the Worcestershire, flour, scallions, cayenne and white pepper.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk the beef stock into the mixture and return the diced meat to the pan.
- When the mixture comes to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, until the liquid has reduced.
- Remove the bay leaves and fold in the diced potatoes and parsley.
- Spoon two portions of hash onto each serving plate, then place a poached egg on the hash.
- Ladle Marchand de Vin sauce over the eggs, garnished with grilled tomatoes and serve.