COSTA RICAN TAMALES
COSTA RICAN TAMALES. Alimento Base: Corn flour, For the dough, sauté with the oil, the well-chopped garlic and the marjoram. Then add the other ingredients of the dough and mix. For the filling, chop the carrot in thin slices and the red chili...
- 4 cups of corn flour
- 4 cups of mashed potato
- 5 cups of water
- 1/2 cup and 6 tsp. of chicken broth
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 4 garlic
- 1 tsp. ground marjoram
- Banana leaves
- For the filling:
- 1 cup of cooked white rice
- 1 bunch of celery
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 small can of green peas
- 1/2 red chili
- 1/2 shredded cooked chicken
Elaboración paso a paso
- For the dough, sauté with the oil, the well-chopped garlic and the marjoram. Then add the other ingredients of the dough and mix.
- For the filling, chop the carrot in thin slices and the red chili in small stripes. Divide the celery, the green peas and the rice into different bowls.
- Clean the leaves and cut them the same size.
- Once that the dough is cold make it into balls of the same size (from 100 to 125 g each one)
- Now with all the ingredients ready, start to give a shape to the tamales. Take two leaves and put one of the dough balls over each. Smash it a little to put the rice over and then all the vegetables and the chicken. Finally, put a little branch of celery as decoration.
- Close it carefully and make "piñas", so they won't open while cooking. They can also be frozen for 3 months, so any time you want to eat them, you just defrost and cook them. In this way, you will always eat fresh tamales.
- Cook them for approximately 30 minutes.