CONEJO GUISADO CON COCO (RABBIT STEW WITH COCONUT CREAM)
CONEJO GUISADO CON COCO (RABBIT STEW WITH COCONUT CREAM). Alimento Base: Rabbit, Chop the rabbit into serving pieces. Chop finely the onion and garlic. Seed and slice the green capsicum, red capsicum and finely slice the chilies (decrease the quantity...
- 1 rabbit
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large green capsicum
- 1/2 a large red capsicum
- 3 birdseye chilies
- 1 large tomato
- 400 ml strong veal or chicken stock
- 150 ml coconut cream
Elaboración paso a paso
- Chop the rabbit into serving pieces.
- Chop finely the onion and garlic.
- Seed and slice the green capsicum, red capsicum and finely slice the chilies (decrease the quantity and discard the seeds if you can't cope with too much chili heat).
- Peel and chop the tomato and have ready the stock and coconut cream.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and brown the rabbit pieces.
- Transfer them to a large saucepan.
- In the remaining oil in the frying pan, sauté the onions, capsicums and chilies.
- Add to the saucepan with the tomato, salt and pepper to taste, and the stock.
- Bring just to simmering point, cover and cook very gently for about 2 hours or even more.
- Lift the rabbit pieces out onto a dish and turn the heat up high under the saucepan.
- Reduce the liquid in the saucepan by about half.
- Lower the heat and stir in the coconut cream.
- Return the rabbit pieces and cook gently, stirring, for a few minutes till it is falling off the bone.
- Serve with rice.