CEVICHE DE CAMARONES (ECUADORIAN SHRIMP COCKTAIL)
CEVICHE DE CAMARONES (ECUADORIAN SHRIMP COCKTAIL). Alimento Base: Shrimps, Boil 1 quart salted water, adding 2 tbls lime juice. Add shrimp and cover, bring water back to a boil. Remove immediately from heat and set lid slightly askew. Pour out all...
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 lb unpeeled shrimp
- 1/2 medium white onion
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1-2 tablespoon bottled hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 small avocado
- 1 large garlic clove
- 3 cups popped popcorn
Elaboración paso a paso
- Boil 1 quart salted water, adding 2 tbls lime juice.
- Add shrimp and cover, bring water back to a boil.
- Remove immediately from heat and set lid slightly askew.
- Pour out all liquid, replace cover, and let shrimp steam off heat for 10 minute.
- Spread shrimp out in a pan to cool. De-vein shrimp when cooled.
- Toss shrimp in remaining lime juice and refrigerate for an hour.
- Dice onion, avocado, cucumber, cilantro, garlic, and tomato. Add to shrimp bowl and toss with ketchup, hot sauce, and olive oil.
- Cover and refrigerate if not served immediately.