BRAISED RABBIT IN RED WINE SAUCE (CONEJO EN SALSA DE VINO TINTO)
BRAISED RABBIT IN RED WINE SAUCE (CONEJO EN SALSA DE VINO TINTO). Alimento Base: Rabbit, Spread the flour in a shallow dish. Season the rabbit with salt and pepper and dredge it in the flour. Shake off excess flour. In a large skillet or saucepan,...
- 3 Tbs unbleached all-purpose flour
- One 2 1/2 to 3 lb. rabbit cut into pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 medium carrots chopped
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 cup good full-bodied red wine
- 1 cup water
- 8 whole baby carrots
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley
Elaboración paso a paso
- Spread the flour in a shallow dish.
- Season the rabbit with salt and pepper and dredge it in the flour. Shake off excess flour.
- In a large skillet or saucepan, heat the olive oil to hot over high heat.
- Add the rabbit and fry fro 5-6 minutes until lightly browned turning occasionally.
- Remove the meat from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the carrots, onions, and garlic.
- Cook for for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rabbit, wine and water and cover the pan.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 20 minutes until the rabbit is tender.
- In another pot, steam the carrots for 8-10 minutes until just tender.
- Meanwhile, remove the rabbit from the skillet or saucepan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Purée the remaining ingredients in the pan in a food mill, food processor or blender.
- Return the sauce to the pan, add the rabbit and heat gently.
- Serve the rabbit immediately with the sauce and garnish with parsley and the steamed carrots.